Worden is: Wood. Performance. Relationships. Innovation.
Our efforts include:
- Designed for durability – We use time-tested joinery and construction methods in our furniture to ensure longer life cycles and landfill waste reduction.
- Veneer Core – our standard veneer core uses a manufacturing process that achieves a more complete utilization of the log creating less waste; it also uses a soy-based, urea-formaldehyde free adhesive
- Water based finish and low VOC adhesives used when specified.
- Solvent recycling
- Wood waste recycling – our sawdust is collected and used by local farmers for bedding; solid wood waste is ground into wood chips, sent to a power plant and used to create energy
- Palletized and blanket wrapped shipments minimize the use of non-recyclable materials
- Local sources for materials whenever possible to minimize fuel consumption and emissions
- Exceed EPA regulations for HAP emissions
- The Worden fleet trucks are all clean idle with battery powered APU units for heat & air conditioning
- Lean manufacturing practices
- Transportation arranges backhauls for our fleet to minimize the frequency of empty trucks on the road
- Forest Stewardship Council and Sustainable Forest Initiative Chain of Custody certification provides confirmation that the wood and wood based materials are controlled from the forest through the manufacturing process. We provide FSC of SFI COC certification when required for the LEED Credit MR 7: Certified Wood
- Lumber – We use FSC materials sourced from FSC certified forests
- CARB – all of our standard core materials meet the low formaldehyde emissions levels required by California Air Resources Board regulations
- No Added Urea-Formaldehyde (NAUF) core and materials provided when specified